Friday, June 18, 2010

Acting Help: How shall I start?

Well I'm 12 years old, 13 in January 2008 and these are, I guess the appearance features:



Black hair, shoulder length, layered and side fringe (Not sure that matters, though)



4ft 7



Brown skin



Asian, however clear english voice (like the Patels in Harry Potter)



I've done acting at school and outside drama groups, but I want to move on. My parents have supported me all the time, so they wouldnt mind me being in a movie or something.



How do I start off? I knw, I know, acting agencies, but can someone here actually direct me to a safe, popular one that actually gets you jobs? If you could, in Southampton, please? :D



Finally, my aunty in Manchester runs a popular saree (Alankar House of Sarees) and one of the Patel girls in HarryPotter shop there frequently and Im going up there next week, should I speak to my aunty about this is see if theres any way I could meet up with her, to see if she could help spread my name?



Thanks...



PS I know there are millions of other girls just like me.



Acting Help: How shall I start?

Places like Southampton and Manchester, you are more than likely not going to just be discovered walking in the mall, so you are really going to have to work at some visibility. I would check the newspaper everyday to see if they have any open calls or auditions for anything dance, plays, modeling, commercials, tv shows, or movies. Try to get on with the local modeling school. Join a competitive dance squad. Be very careful, never go to these auditions without a parent or other adult, there are a few people out there that prey on up and coming people, but your parents will smell them coming and keep you safe. Sounds like you are a very beautiful and intelligent girl, I know I will see you on Oprah one day. Good luck.



Acting Help: How shall I start?

audition for community theater, dinner theaters, and extra parts in broadway productions if they have major theater in your area See if you qualify for classes at any of the local community colleges.



Auditon for commericals, and find an agent.



Main thing is GET out there, get your face out there. Get a resume and portfolio together and start sending them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan