Tuesday, June 22, 2010

'70's sitcoms?

can anyone remember two sitcoms from the 70's the first had Bill bixby as a single father to a son with an asian nanny and the oher was with Mr. Belvader as the care giver of a little girl with blonde hair and shirly temple curls?



'70's sitcoms?

The first one is "The Courtship of Eddie's Father", and the second one is "Family Affair". Mr. Belvedere was the butler. Brain Keith played the uncle, can not remember the characters name. The little girls name was Buffy and her brother Jody, they also had an older sister.



Added later:



Made a mistake the butler was Mr. French not Mr.Belvedere



'70's sitcoms?

Courtship of Eddie's Father



Mr. Belvedere



'70's sitcoms?

Eddie's Father was the first one and I can't remember the other one. I never watched it. A little too sweet for me.



'70's sitcoms?

The courtship of Eddie's father



'70's sitcoms?

i have no clue about the first one but the second one was Mr. Belvedere and it was very popular. he wasn't a caregiver. he was the family's butler. there were two kids, a boy and a girl, and i think a teenager. and it wasnt' the 70's. it was the 80's. hope this helps.



'70's sitcoms?

O, Yes you mean the Hulk(original series), the other one is of the sixties Mr.Belverdere with Clifton Webb, splendid!!



'70's sitcoms?

Mr. Belvedere yes, not sure about the other one though. . .



'70's sitcoms?

The only show i remember Bill Bixby in is in the Incredible Hulk shows..



'70's sitcoms?

The first was The Courtship of Eddies' Father. The second show was simply titled Mr Belvedere. That one actually was on in the 80's. Unless you are referring to the show with Brian Keith %26amp; Sebastian Cabot - Family Affair - the little girl on that show did have corkscrew curls %26amp; was a blonde . . . hope this helps!



'70's sitcoms?

I don't remember The Courtship of Eddies Father being a sitcom. Maybe. It ran from 1969 -1972 based on the movie of the same name. It starred Bill Bixy and Brandon Cruz (who appeared on an episode of the Incredible Hulk with Bixby).



Who can forget the theme song sung by Harry Nillson:



People let me tell you 'bout my best friend,



He's a warm hearted person who'll love me till the end.



People let me tell you 'bout my best friend,



He's a one boy cuddly toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy.



People let me tell you 'bout him he's so much fun



Whether we're talkin' man to man or whether we're talking son to son.



Cause he's my best friend.



Yes he's my best friend.



Mr. Belvedere ran from 1985-1990 starring Christopher Hewitt as Mr Belvedere. Didn't watch it.



I don't think there was a Mr. Belvedere in Family Affair which ran from 1966-1971.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan