Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hair highlights help!!?

i want to get brown highlights all over my hair using a brand name product and i was wondering which i should go for?



i cannot get it done pro. i do not have that kind of money :( but i have black hair... does that mean i have to bleach it even tho it is just highlights? i really do not want to bleach my hair......is there a way for the color (brown, preferably natural brown) to come up if i had chosen than brown 3 shades lighter? or how does it work?



pleaseeeeee help! i am asian with black hair and i would love to try something new :) thank you so very much!



Hair highlights help!!?

The color black is the hardest color to lift. I would NOT attempt this by yourself. Hair color will only lift 2 levels which will be a orangish tone on black. Corrective color is atleast double the cost of getting it done correctly the first time. Don't chance it. Holidays are coming .....Maybe you could ask for that as a gift. Check out getting it done at a beauty school. It is much less expensive as the students are still learning and there is always instructer supervision.



Hair highlights help!!?

I'm asian too and when I had my hair highlighted, I foiled it and applied the highlights. Then with a bleaching kit, I started covering the highlight with the bleach. Once I was done with that, I immediately started taking the foil out starting with the first one I bleached. This brought the color out perfect. Although I did red highlights.



Hair highlights help!!?

You can choose a brown shade up to 3 or 4 levels lighter than your natural color, but the only way to get that kind of lift is by using 40 volume peroxide. I do not know the rules about consumers purchasing that level of peroxide, where you live.



The other problem is your method of application. If your doing it your self it might be easier to pull through a cap and not try to weave it. Here's the deal though, if you price the color and all the things you need to do it yourself, you might find that going to a local beauty school might be a better option for you, safer and not much more expensive. It's worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan