Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Warm or Cool Skin? What Colors Go With It?

So the more I read about this topic the more confused I get! I'm Asian with Black hair and grey eyes with yellowish undertones because when I do the vein test, they're green and I tan fairly easily, which would make me warm. I've also found out that most Asians are "winter" on the season scale... which would then make me cool. But then none of that would matter if I knew what colors to wear with it... some people say to wear contrasting colors and some say the same. I heard that I should wear deeper colors like royal blue, green, purples, white and black and then light pinks, blues, bright yellows but not orange. Is this true? Should I be wearing gold or silver? Also what type of eyeshadow blush and lipstick would probably work out the best?



Warm or Cool Skin? What Colors Go With It?

Hi Sweetie. I have been in cosmetics for 8 years. First of all, I would like to say, don't worry about the temperature of your skin! Thing either look good, or they don't.



I am part Asian so I am very comfortable with Asian makeup application. Here are some tips specifically for the Asian ladies out there:



-Don't wear red, orange, or bright pinks on the eyes or cheeks. You'll look like you had a few drinks.



For the eyes, sheer shimmery colors look great on almost all. Try a light gold OR silver eyeshadow from the lash line to the first fold of your eyelid, and use a black eyeliner pencil to 'color in' the roots of your eyelashes. keep the eye makeup on the lid, as using eyeliner all the way around your eye will make them look teeny.



Also think about getting an eyeshadow base, to prevent it from creasing.



If you've got light eyes and dark hair, and you're feeling gutsy, go for a dark shadow to create drama and emphasis on your pretty eyes! Smoky black is always sexy, maybe with a touch of silver on the inside corners of your eyes.



For blush, try a soft ballerina pink (layer it if you have darker skin) or a mauve-y (purple-ish. but not PURPLE purple) tone. Or just try a nice bronzer instead.



For lips, you can't go wrong with a clear gloss. Benefit Cosmetics (at macys and online) also has a great gloss called Big Magic, a nice neutral shade, and 100% of the proceeds go to big brother big sister of america.



Also, think about what outfits you get complimented on most. What colors are they? Those are the colors that look best on you, so go for those.



Hope this helps!



Warm or Cool Skin? What Colors Go With It?

Nothing needs to be so "black and white"! I do understand your confusion though!



I would try to stick with neutrals, and avoid harsh contrasts. Most colors will probably look fantastic on you, as long as they are REALLY vibrant and harsh looking on you. I have to agree with the "orange" thing - no orange or orange-based colors! It will really make you look yellow!



Good luck! Makeup should be fun - so don't stress!



Warm or Cool Skin? What Colors Go With It?

scrap that!!! I too have a weird complexion. I'm a black woman, med. brown skin tone but I have strange undertones which makes it hard for me to wear foundations (I've been to many make up techs) I've found natural is best. I like to wear eye shadows and sheer tint lip glosses and tints. I wear pretty much anything I think is cute. If its green and I like it ,I wear it as-- long as it doesn't make me look sick. so there's the key, wear it unless it makes you look strange, that's how i does it :-)



Warm or Cool Skin? What Colors Go With It?

Bobbie Brown make up was desighned for women with yellow undertones. Go have a make over and put your toes up and enjoy it. When you open your eyes you will look fab. I let the professionals figure all this stuff out. It is just too hard guessing or getting it wrong. Once you have all of your make up colors, you'll know exactly what colors you look good in and they will also write up a color index for you too.



Warm or Cool Skin? What Colors Go With It?

okay i would say thay if you have fair skin, you should wear light pinks, just light colors....if you have a more tanner skin, stick with browns...



Warm or Cool Skin? What Colors Go With It?

Nothing needs to be so "black and white"! I do understand your confusion though!



I would try to stick with neutrals, and avoid harsh contrasts. Most colors will probably look fantastic on you, as long as they are REALLY vibrant and harsh looking on you. I have to agree with the "orange" thing - no orange or orange-based colors! It will really make you look yellow!...Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan