Thursday, November 26, 2009

I've dyed my hair twice, but it keeps falling out?

Okay, the thing is, I have asian hair. Black, sleek, straight, you know.



I dyed it once, decided I didn't like the color, so then I dyed it again, this time with red highlights.



The colors irrelevant - my hair keeps falling out everytime I take a shower or wash my hair. Obviously, if this is going to happen, I won't dye my hair again.



If there is some way of preventing this from happening, I would love to hear suggestions.



I've dyed my hair twice, but it keeps falling out?

I'm sorry that happened to you. Over-dying will cause hair to break. Usually that is caused by leaving the dye on too long, improperly mixing the dye or using a color specifically not recommended for your color type. I think that it's possible for most people to have successfully dyed hair, but if you're having these results it's best to have a stylist color your hair in the future. But, you shouldn't attempt to re-dye for at least 6 months if you can stand it.



In the meantime wait 2 weeks (if you can stand it ) before your next wash. Spray your hair everyday with Infusium leave-in conditioner and tie your hair back in a bun if you don't like the way it looks.



Use Infusium leave-in every time you wash your hair. Take a hair, skin and nail vitamin or a multivitamin. Consider some pre-shampoo hot oil treatments of olive oil or coconut oil and specifically look in the health food store and drug store for strengthening shampoos and conditioners. I believe Garnier has a good line in the green bottles. You don't want to keep losing hair. You want to strengthen the hair you've got.



If you can stand not to recolor for a year, that would probably be good too. Just if you decide to recolor at all just let a professional do it. And don't go cheap. Go to a good salon and make the investment in quality care. I think most people have experienced breakage when it comes to color and chemicals and some hair types are less able to take it then others. If you're having consistently bad luck; it's best to just cut your losses and let a real pro take over. It costs more, but your hair will look good and be healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan